Hello all, it’s Day 7 of our #12ListsofChristmas series of blogs. Can you believe this time next week will be the big day? We’ve got another list shaped blog to get you excited until then.
You can comment below as always or Tweet us using our hashtag #12ListsofChristmas. I have lots of fond memories of previous Christmases, so I thought I’d go through a few of them for today’s list.
The picture below is me, Christmas Day 1993 – and I do rather rock the jumper and curtains hairdo, no? Anyway, on with the list…
- When I got a clockwork Hornby set of Thomas, Annie and Clarabel set up in the lounge when I was 4
- Regular readers will recall this one from a previous blog post – when I got a Pingu igloo playset when I was 5
- Also when I was 5 – when I got an electric Hornby Flying Scotsman set
- Attending my nursery’s Christmas party dressed as a shepherd
- My best friend Jack at primary school gifting me with a Wombles advent calendar one year, meaning I had two that year (the other from parentage of course)
- The Christmas at the turn of the millennium when I got both a TV for my room and my first ever Now compilation (Now 44. Still the best one too)
- When Bob the Builder ended Westlife’s run of consecutive number ones taking the Christmas chart topper in 2000. Deliciously hilarious
- Attending my uni’s Christmas Ball in my first year, where one of my girl group faves The Saturdays headlined
- Meeting Tom Fletcher at Selfridges at Oxford Street for the launch of his book The Christmasaurus in 2016, where I got a signed dedicated copy to my niece and nephew, and saw the Oxford Street lights for the first time
- Seeing in the millennium with my family and our late Auntie Jean from Australia. Experiencing the joys of a glass of Lambrini and thinking I’d arrived
- Watching The Muppet Christmas Carol every year that we put our tree up growing up
- Last Christmas at my sister and her fiance’s house. Just a really lovely day of food, fun and games