Pointless co-host Richard Osman has his first book published this week. “The World Cup of Everything“, partly inspired by his World Cup of Biscuits he did for Comic Relief earlier this year, is ‘fully interactive’ so long as you have a pencil, and helps, through the medium of the process of elimination that sporting World Cups in rugby, football etc operate on, to decipher the greatest in everything from crisps to Americans.
Inspired by this, today on my Twitter I have launched my World Cup of Girl Groups in a bid to find out by this process of elimination the greatest girl group ever. Here’s a little explanation below of how each round works:
- First Round – Five groups of four. Highest two from each of these goes through to second round.
- Second Round – Five groups of two. Highest one from each of these goes through to the quarter final.
- Quarter Final – One group of five. Highest three from this goes through to semi final.
- Semi Final – One group of three. Highest two from this goes through to the final.
- Final – The highest voted girl group is the winner.
Voting for the first round is now open until 5:15pm tomorrow. The groups for the first round and the links to vote are below. Have fun and happy voting!
- The Supremes
- Little Mix
- Pussycat Dolls
- En Vogue
- Alisha’s Attic
- Spice Girls
- The Nolans
- Destiny’s Child
- Fifth Harmony
- Atomic Kitten
- The Saturdays
- All Saints
- Girls Aloud
- The Ronettes